Women are nurturers by nature. We often are very busy taking care of our children, our partner, and friends. We are out there doing something to help out at school, at work or in the community. But how often do you sit down and say " Wow, I need to take care of myself". We don't do it enough. We even wait until we get frustated or upset. This Mother's Day, give yourself the gift of giving yourself some time to take care of yourself. Sure, you may have the children prepare you a nice card, have your partner take you out for brunch or even cook something for dinner. But what about yourself? What have you done for you? Here are a few suggestions to get you started.
1. Take the time to be by yourself and read a book. The house will not fall to pieces during that time.
2. Take a nice long bubble bath with some soothing music. Bring your favorite beverage while you're in there and enjoy. Put a "Do Not Disturb" sign outside the door.
3. Go for a nice manicure and if you can splurge, go for the pedicure too. It will make you feel a little more special!
4. How about a nice massage. This is one of my personal favorite thing that will really take care of me and my spirit.
5. Meditate for an hour. This replenishes you as a person.
I am often reminded of the importance of taking care of myself whenever I take the plane. They remind us to put our oxygen mask on first and then assist others. Taking care of yourself is doing exactly the same thing. It gives you the energy and willingness to continue to be the great Mom everyone sees you as.
Have a great Mother's Day!