Thursday, November 27, 2008

Being Thankful this Thanksgiving

I am thankful that I can get up every morning in a warm and cozy house that I can afford.

I am thankful that I wake up every morning next to my wonderful husband that I adore.

I am thankful that I can see and smell the world around me although it doesn’t always seem perfect.

I am thankful that I have enough food to feed myself and my family and am able to give to those that have less than me.

I am thankful that I have a family that loves me and cares about me to include me in their lives on a daily basis.

I am thankful for the experience of being a wife to my husband, to learn the true meaning of loving in sickness and in health, to enjoy our lives in a way that we are good role models for our children and grandchildren and the possibility of growing old together.

I am thankful for the experience of being a mother to my son, to see him grown into the young man that I am proud of and of my ability to give him his space to learn through his own mistakes and still love him.

I am thankful for the experience of being a stepmother to my two stepdaughters, to have shared some great experiences together and be able to accept those that we would rather forget, to be part of their lives as a “Bonus” mom rather than being on the side lines, to be included in their new lives as soon to be wives and mothers.

I am thankful for the experience of being a grandmother to my five year old granddaughter, who brings us joy every day with her beautiful eyes and smile, her quick remarks and her never ending love for us.

I am thankful that I have an abundance of energy to enjoy the work that I do while still being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, friend.

I am thankful for everyday that I am on this planet, for the opportunity to be able to make a difference in someone’s lives, but most of all to let someone make a difference in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Very touching.
    It's inspiring to read what others are thankful for. I'm thankful that an awareness of the unique dynamics of stepfamilies is growing. I talked to somebody a couple weeks ago who heard your advertisement on AM Talk Radio show (I don't remember which one). Keep up the good work! The message is starting to get out.

    ReplyDelete